Tuesday, May 13, 2008

EPS Fuel Saver

As petrol price increased to RM1.62 in 2005, along the increased in toll rates, it didn't take long to feel the impact on these increases on my pocket. At that time my car was fetching about averagely 12.5km/l in fuel consumption, which was fairly efficient. And RM50 was usually enough to last me up to 500km which can easily cover up to 4 to 5 days of travelling.
I knew petrol price would continue to rise due to the prolonged oil crisis issue, I reckon it was wise to seek out for devices that can help improve my car's fuel efficiency. While pursuing this task, I had to be look for something that doesn't require much alteration to my car, as I didn't want to void the warranty.

It didn't take me long to source for one, as many stores were displaying their fuel saving products as it was a hot topic during that time. ACE Hardware in Mid-Valley was displaying their fuel saver product at their store entrance. The product cost RM238 and it is supposed to be mounted onto a fuel line tube and no further maintenance required. It sounds really good and simple.

The product had good review by NST reporter. I thought it should work for my car, as this product was tested on many popular models that runs on fuel injection. According to the test it can improve averagely by 15% of fuel savings. I reasoned in my mind that if I can reap half the benefit, I would be able to recover the cost within a year's time. I purchased it.

After I installed it at the fuel line, I noticed my idle engine speed increased by about 500 to 700 rpm. I had to recalibrate the throttle in order to re-adjust the idle speed to the recommended speed. The improvements enable me to run additional 40km per full tank, that makes out a 8% increased in fuel efficiency. I was satisfied with the result.

The thing that baffles me is that if this works, then why didn't OEM car makers incorporate this devices into their cars? Well I don't really have the answer at the moment. However I suspect that since there is no incentives for OEM manufacturers to install such device therefore excluding this device won't harm their profits and sales revenue.

Anyway if you wish to learn how this product works, you may visit http://www.ep-systems.co.uk/fs/fsfaq.htm

1 comment:

DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Mr, Benjamin services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / lfdsloans@outlook.com  Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.