Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nanotech - Fuel Additives

One of the early things that I did that I felt would not compromise on my car's warranty was to add fuel additives using Nanotech. It is an additive that breaksdown hydrocarbon molecules into smaller clusters, as illustrated in diagram below, therefore enable more complete combustion.

I noticed after I started using Nanotech, my engine runs smoother. The improvement was very obvious, because I didn't notice deterioration of fuel efficiency though my engine mileage was near for next oil change. Without this additive, I would experience drop in fuel efficiencies at 8,000km onwards since last synthetic engine oil change.

However when I started this treatment, it feels like running on new engine oil though at 8,000km since last oil change. I was getting additional 40km per full tank. Averagely I got about 660km per full tank. This was enormous improvement, using original spark plugs and Toyota Synthetic Engine Oil.

The only downside is that I have to endure the hassle of adding 10 ml of additives for each full tank fill. But I soon got used to it, and I didn't mind the trouble as its benefits outweight the extra work. After experiencing the improvements, I decided to stretch my engine oil change for additional 3,000 to 5,000km. I reckon that with this Nanotech, my engine combustion would be much cleaner thus extend the engine oil life (due to lower oxidation).

Just to make sure that the engine oil retains its lubrication properties, I also add about 100ml of Tufoil Engine Treatment for better lubrication. Problem with this treatment oil is that its effect last up to about 5,000km, therefore I only add Tufoil after the engine run on new oil change for 10,000km. Well my main objective is to extend the engine oil life so I save on maintenance.

I don't think this is best solution, as it would be better to use a good engine oil that can maintain the same lubrication properties for up to 15,000km and beyond. Unfortunately I was still sending my car to UMW Service Center for oil change, therefore do not have the liberty to choose other engine oil brands. The practical method to extend engine oil life was to rely on additives and oil treatments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Return to college or to a post-graduate training program in a commissionable profession immediately following participation in JRCOSTEP. Visit us

Unknown said...

Great review on the Fuel additives. But I guess the cost of the fuel additives should be included inside your maintenance cost since it was use to prolong your oil changing interval and buying fuel additives is not that cheap too.

Read my Toyota Vios 1.5 Story